CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2008 - Reflection







I realized today that it's too late to type a letter and get it sent out in time for Christmas so I figured I post it here instead.

2008 has been a busy year for us. Jeremy has been with Gwinnett County Fire for 6 years now. He graduated from his Paramedic class in March and passed his Driver's test in September. I am so proud of him. With his Paramedic certification, he has been able to pick up a few shifts a month at Jackson County as a part-time Paramedic. It's definitely help us on our journey to becoming debt free. Jeremy is still with Twin Tigers Karate Academy in Winder, Georgia. Due to his busy schedule, he only has time to help out with the Demo Team, which he loves. He gets to share the love of God through Karate.


Jesse has grown so much this year. I can't begin to tell of all the growth that has occurred this year. Just in this calendar year, he's learn to crawl, walk and now he's trying to run. He knows several words and loves to have conversations with invisible people that none of us can understand!!! It's rather funny. He'll walk over to the bookcase and point to something (nothing) and begin to scold it. It cracks us up!!!


He weighs 23 pounds, 10 ounces and he's 31 inches tall. He is the sweetest little boy ever!!! He is a mommas boy but he LOVES his daddy. When Jeremy comes home from work, Jesse's eyes light up!!! I love watching them together. Jeremy is such an amazing father.


I can't believe Jesse turned 1 in September!! Now he's 15 months and I just can not believe it!! It seems like just yesterday he was born and so teenie tiny!! Now he's just amazing!!! I have been so truly blessed with an amazing husband and a beautiful baby boy!!!


God has been so gracious to me. He has worked things out and I have been a stay at home mom for 15 months!!! I am so grateful to Connie and Mike Monahan for allowing me the opportunity to work for them from home. It has been a tremendous belssing and I have been able to spend every waking hour with my little miracle!!!!


As for what's been going on in my life - I love being a mommy!!! It is the bestest job in the whole world!! I take my responsibility as a parent very seriously. I am realizing everyday that Jesse belongs to God and he is on loan to us for a very short time - which is evident in how fast he's grown and how fast the year has gone by!!!

The latter part of 2008 has been somewhat stressfull. Jeremy's parents moved in with us at the beginning of September. Steve lost his job in Arizona in March of this year. They moved in with their daughter Malinda and her family in Florida. For several reasons (mainly Steve's medical issues) they moved up here after Jesse's birthday. With the downard fall of the economy, Steve is having a very difficult time finding a new job. We covet any and all prayers during this difficult situation. We are praying that the new year will bring new opportunities. He has a few possibilities but they aren't wanting to hire right now.


Even with the ups and downs we all face, we look forward to seeing what God has planned for us in 2009. In August, we embarked on Our Journey to Financial Freedom!!! God has been amazing in providing part time hours for Jeremy and all the money he makes go to help us pay off our debt. I am very excited to see where our journey takes us in 2009. You can check out our progress and see how God is providing for us at http://www.journeytofinancialfreedom-theaustins.blogspot.com/

May your Christmas season be truly blessed!! Remember - Christmas is a birthday!!!

Merry Christmas 2008

Jeremy, Grace and Jesse


0 comments: