CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

So Sorry.....

It's been nearly 2 months since I've posted anything and things have been crazy around our house. For those of you who don't know, Jeremy's parents have been living with us for 2 months now. Steve started having random seizures in August and was in and out of hospitals in Florida. (Rewind - he lost his job in Arizona in March 08 and they were living with Malinda and her family (Jeremy's sister) in Florida until the beginning of September.) Once they arrived here in September, he had another seizure and they took him to Emory where he remained for 2 weeks. Upon leaving Emory he was sent to a Rehab Facility for another week. Since being released from Rehab, they've been with us. Thankfully, he is getting better!! The doctors are fairly sure the seizures were caused by a virus that attacked his brain, causing swelling in parts of his brain. His follow up MRI is tomorrow and we are confident that God has provided the healing we've been praying for. We are still praying for a job for Steve and we would definitely covet your prayers for that as well.

As for the rest of us, Jesse is growing like a weed. He's walking so well and trying to run. He gets so excited when we go outside and he absolutely loves the outdoors. He's learning more words and sounds. He's even picked up on the baby sign language we've been trying to teach him. He is such an amazing little boy and I never grow tired of watching him grow and change. I only wish it wouldn't fly by so quickly. It seems like yesterday we were bringing him home and embarking on this wild and crazy journey. Now he's nearly 14 months old and... WOW!!! That's all I can say.

He is definitely developing a little personality. He is beginning to test the waters to see what we'll let him get away with - this is a super fun stage. :) He is so sweet and loving. He loves to cuddle and I love cuddling him!! Sometimes I still can't believe that he's mine. I know that probably sounds crazy but sometimes I feel as if I'm living a dream. I love him so much!!!

Jeremy is working hard. He received his Paramedic license in April of 2008, YAY!! Lately he's been working part time for Jackson County as a Paramedic to bring in a little extra cash. We are desparately trying to get bills payed off and learn to live according to God's financial plan. I wish we'd done this years ago!!!

Jeremy is the most awesome dad, ever!! Jesse loves him so much - you can see it on his face. He knows his daddy and nothing can keep him from Jeremy. I love watching them together. I know they will be best buds. Jeremy has far exceded my expectations as a dad. He is amazing with Jesse and I am so thankful for that.

As for me, I've been spending a lot of time in prayer lately. I have so much on my mind that the only way to sort through it is to tell it all to Jesus. Thankfully, He doesn't grow weary listening to the same prayers over and over. I somtimes grow weary in telling Him the same thing over and over and over and over and, well you get it. But I know He cares about the things on my mind. He wants to bear my burdens for me and I am gladly willing to share them. Unfortunately, I am still learning to leave those burdens at the cross and let Him fully bear them.

September was a good month for me - my baby turned 1 and I've finally lost all my pregnancy weight. I still have about 10 pounds to go to be where I want to be, but I am healthy and in good shape and that's what counts the most. I hate that's it taken a year and next time I don't plan on gaining nearly 50 pounds. :)

So that about wraps it up. Life's been hectic but I am so thankful for the life God's given me.

0 comments: