CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back to seriousness

Since reading Mike Hickabee's book I have found a new perspective on things. My mom and I were talking recently about the fact that everything seems blurred. There is no longer a standard of right and wrong. There are no moral absolutes. The line between balck and white has become so skewed. We've made compromise after compromise until we can no longer tell the difference between good and evil. When you get right down to it, there is good and there is evil -- nothing in between.

Somewhere along the way we decided to believe this and not that. We believe the things in the Bible that appeal to our self-centered worldview and pretend that the others don't exist. Isn't that the same as "adding to or taking away"; something we are warned against in Revelation??

As I read Huckabee's book and in my daily readings in the Bible, I have found that God's Word is very clear about what we should do and what we should not do. Huckabee mentions that the problem in America is that we've left everything to personal interpretation. Because we are self-centered by nature, we will interpret God's Word's in a biased, self-satisfing way.

What I have noticed is that when God gave Moses the Law He made everything crystal clear!! There wasn't don't do this unless... It says "Do not.... How hard is that to interpret. Do not means Do not. There is no connfusion, no what if's. But we have taken God's laws and made ammendments to them to make oursleves feel less gulity for the sins we committ. We make compromises and changes to the "law" so it fits into our box - it fits our lifestyle, when we should be molding ourselves to fit into God's box. I am so tired of people using God as a crutch!!! To me that is a spit in the face to God.

As I was reading Leviticus, it occured to me that the Israelites took the law and the commandments seriously. If they didn't follow the instruction to a "T", they would be killed. God struck Aaron's two sons dead for not folling His instructions regarding offering procedures. The problem is that we don't take God seriously. Very few people fear God these days.

One of the biggest problems we have it that we don't memorize scripture anymore. I am guilty here too. I have known this my whole life, but it has become increasingly evident to me over the past few weeks - every answer we will ever need is in the Bible!!!

Are we willing to accept God's answer and make the necessary changes in our lives???

0 comments: