CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just a bit of randomness, really. But it means alot to me.

So I've been thinking a lot lately about my family. Everyone is getting older and to be honest, I am so pround of my brothers and my cousins. That may sound really weird. The thing is, we all were raised by 3 different women who were raised by the same parents and each one of them raised their children differently from the other. (I am speaking of my mom and her 2 sisters.)

I often wonder what will happen to our family once my grandparents go to be with the Lord. What I mean is they are the spiritual glue that holds our family together. They pray for each of their children and their spouses and for all of thier grandchildren and great grandchildren each night by name. I know how my mom raised me and I know how her prayer life is. I know that she is almost exactly like my grandparents. In my family, I know she will continue the spiritual traditions that my grandparents have begun. But I often wonder what will happen to "the cousins" when that day comes.

It may sound terrible but it's hard to talk to my cousins about their relationship with God. I don't want to be the nosy, "mother hen" of the cousins. But I was just on my myspace and I was looking at all of theirs and they all talk about their realtionship with God. It may sound corny, but that really means a lot to me. It's nice to see that they are all so open about it.

The older I get the more I realize just how important my relationship with Christ is. I also know that with each generation we compromise a little more. My mom and I were talking about it this afternoon - about how things are no longer black and white (right & wrong). There are more gray areas - the line between right and wrong get more blurry with each generation. I fear that eventually, we will blend in with the rest of the world.

I know I'm babbling and some of this is scattered. (at least it feels that way to me.) But I just wanted to say that I am so proud of my brothers and my cousins. We may joke around a lot but we're all on the right track!! I hope this makes some kind of sense. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and of what God is doing in your life. Always keep your eyes on Him. It never hurts to stay "in the right". I love you and pray for you and your family daily.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think you and the cousins are all turning out great!!!!!
Mom