CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Hello!

I guess I'll start from the beginning for those of you who aren't totally familiar with our family. I met the love of my life in 1998 on a youth retreat. However, I didn't know that he was the love of my life beacuse I was seeing someone else at the time. In November of 1999, Jeremy and I beagn talking to each other and he began calling me. By the middle of December, we were sort of an item. We had become such good friends over the previous weeks. We loved each others company and just being together. We went on the youth group ski retreat together that December. We decided to see each other exculsively on January 1, 2000 and the rest is history.

He proposed on July 5, 2001 and we were married June 15, 2002. It's hard to believe that it's been five years -- some days it feels like we've been together forever. We have our differences but we always work them out.

We have a beautiful baby boy. Jesse Ryan was born on September 7, 2007 and 1:12pm, weighing 7 pounds, 9 ounces. He is the light of our lives. He amazes me everyday!!

For us, 2007 has been a year of trials. We have grown so much over the past year -- more than I think we've had to our entire marriage. We've grown closer to God and to each other. Trials are not easy when you're in the middle of them but when you come out the other side stronger and closer than ever before -- that is the greatest feeling in the world. God has never ceased to provide for our every need. I heard someone say that God provides for our needs not our wants. When it comes right down to it, you learn very quickly the difference between a need and a want. God has always been faithful to us and we wouldn't trade the lessons we've learned this year for anything in the world.

Jeremy has been a firefighter for Gwinnett County for 5 years now and is in the process of getting his Paramedic license. I have been working for Faith Academy for 4 years. We both began praying that God would provide a way for me to be able to stay at home with Jesse. He began opening the doors in May and I am now working full time from home for one of my mom's friends. I am loving every minute of it. There is no greater joy than to be able to raise the children God has given us.

Well, that's us in a nutshell. Keep checking back to see what's going on in the always crazy life of the fireman's family.

Love to all

Jeremy, Grace & Jesse

0 comments: